Satisfying Our Clients –
Our consulting experts provide building and waterproofing performance solutions. We evaluate your building design, construction work, or your existing non compliant or damaged building. Determine the causes of failure, followed by a complying solution report. Our reports meet the requirements of the National Construction Code; Building Code of Australia, Australian Standards, manufacturers’ specifications and sound building practice.
Building Diagnosis Centre meet the needs of clients.
Call Robert Speirs-Ferrari to stop building issues at the design stage. Prior and during the works.
Striving for Excellence Since 1976:
Designing – Constructing – Forensic Consulting.
We specialise in and crave “Adding Life To Buildings”
We stop Buildings and Structures from being “Built with Concealed Faults”
Call us to talk about your building issues and find out how we will assist you.
What We Do
- We offer expert advice on new buildings, solutions for new construction work includes waterproofing work, remedial work and for defective and corrosion construction.
- Our forensic building consulting and inspection service and expert reports includes educating our clients ie; property managers, strata owners corporations, building contractors and a diverse group of owners of buildings, structures including homeowners.
- Our involvement improves the waterproofing quality of buildings and construction and reduces costs on maintenance and rectification work.
- Our NCC BCA Performance Solution Waterproofing Reports meet requirements of the Building Professionals Board, private certifiers and local government councils.
- Our advice and solutions on damaged concrete (spalling concrete) and exposed reinforcement steel corrosion to balconies, terraces and roof slab constructions will save property owners from having nightmares.
- We advise on faulty waterproofing sheet membranes and paint-on liquid membranes particularly large strata buildings that suffer spalling concrete cancer due to the waterproofing failure.
- We also advise our clients on the condition of properties they are seeking to purchase. We refer to major serious issue that some owners attempt to conceal. One of our ‘quick walk around’ technical building inspection of properties For Sale, could save intending purchases from nightmares.
- We perfer purchasers of buildings to call us and speck to Robert Speirs-Ferrari (on 0408911210) for a second opinion. It will most likely save you from purchasing a major serious problem and or get a reduced sale price. Our clients can only benifit from our specialist building consulting advice.
For The Last 35 years
Our forensic specialist consulting chartered and accredited building and construction waterproofing consultants, using their extensive practical and theoretial knowledge, assess faulty new construction and remedial work issues. We assist property owners, strata managers, architects and builders with their buildings and complaints at Fair Trading and NCAT.
We provide advice and reports for BCA ‘required’ construction, and for remedial waterproofing togeather with building and construction works.
Advise when works are and or not satisfactory performed according to Australian Standards codes, NCC BCA 2019 Building Codes, and industry practice. We also prepare BCA Waterproofing Performance Solution Reports for alternative building solutions that meet the NCC BCA code.
BCA Waterproofing Performance Solution Reports
- Building Diagnosis Centre Pty Ltd established in 1987, is a professional chartered and accredited building waterproofing forensic consultancy firm. Our assessments and advice to property owners ensures their long life durable constructions and quality buildings don’t suffer damage and water intrusion.
- We assist designers of buildings and structures, engineers and building contractors to meet the waterproofing requirements of private certifiers and local council certifiers according to NCC BCA Performance Solutions requirements.
- We educate our clients to use the best construction and waterproof systems that meet Australian Standards and the National Construction Code: Building Code of Australia (NCC BCA).
- Our clients receive independent expert opinion, evidence, advice and written reports for the best long term solutions for their construction issues. Include Waterproofing Performance Solution Reports identifying best waterproofing systems for property owners seeking approvals from private certifiers and or local council authorities for their new builds and rectification work.
- Our special waterproofing methods include Markham Aquron 300 chemical waterproofing additives in ready-mix concrete (at the plant) and Markham Aquron 2000 chemical spray waterproofing system applied at post-concrete stage for curing and deep migration to waterproof concrete pores within the concrete matrix of:
Concrete slab roofs – Balcony terrace floor slabs – Slab-on-ground construction, and Basement construction.
Permanent waterproofing chemical solutions for new construction and rectifications of faulty concrete construction particularly to stop ongoing corrosion and expensive maintenance.
Unlike paint-on liquid membranes and sheet membranes, chemical waterproofing additives remain active in concrete for life.
Are widely relied on overseas and in Australia.
Waterproofing chemical solutions – are permanent waterproofing that stop the passage of water thus protecting embedded reinforcement steel from rust corrosion.
- Home and strata unit owners’
- Strata committee members’
- Strata managers, legal and insurance professionals’
- Business owners of commercial buildings, shopping centres and nursing homes, and
- Local and state government schools, hospitals, heritage buildings including churches.
Assisting clients of building designers and construction builders –
- To meet clients’ needs most often with waterproofing specifications ,and
- Inspections during the construction works.
- Who ever you are, if you own, rent, manage or construct buildings, you will receive 1st class comprehensive professional building investigation services.
- As our senior chartered and accredited building and construction experts each have more then 30 years experience.
Building Diagnosis Centre overview of investigations –
Building and construction investigations include assessing all types of building faults, defects, dilapidation, contract issues and unacceptable poor / unsuitable materials suffering the effects of:
- Water penetration through walls, roofs, floors, building components eg; concrete and waterproofing membranes
- Concrete spalling (cracking and corrosion of floor and roof slabs)
- Building damage due to faulty work or non-compliant work
- Building disputes with waterproofing membranes to balcony floors, internal showers and concrete roof slabs
- Unsafe construction where work has not been provided according to council approved plans and specifications
- Coastal deterioration damage initially by faulty construction work
- Coastal salt ingress conditions causing corrosion of embedded steel reinforcement within concrete
Experience with all diversified properties –
Strata units and common property
Industrial factory buildings
Heritage properties and
The way we operate our core diagnostic consulting business –
- Our purpose is to ensure the completed or repaired building is compliance, free of defects and faults, damage and deterioration, so our clients can do what they do best knowing their building is in expert hands.
- Firstly we are professional experts in assessing building design, specifying and managing remedial building works, engineering works, which always includes extensive waterproofing issues.
- Our core business is working for our clients every single day, evaluating client’s needs and provide expert advice and opinion on what needs to be done and how.
- Advising on cause-and-effect together with recommendations presented in a comprehensive technical report on completion of our on-site investigations.
- We provide advice and solutions for our clients during visual building inspections and during physical investigations into existing buildings. Includes during new construction, assessing building issues, faults, defects and premature deterioration of the built environment.
- The preparation of technical detailed reports, list detects, faults, damage, deterioration, and work not in accordance with approved plans and specifications. We manage new building work and the rectifications of existing buildings.
Our building & construction experts –
The expert service is either managed or provided by our director, head senior consultant Robert Speirs-Ferrari.
- Robert has 43 years ‘hands-on’ experience constructing, designing, consulting and as expert witness.
- He is highly qualified and to post-graduate Master degree level from University Technology Sydney.
- Robert keeps his hands involved in constructing and repair homes for his family and relatives.
- Is a fellow and chartered member with the leading Australian building and design associations in the capacity as:
- FAIB (Chartered)
- MMBA (Accredited)
- BDAA (Member and as a past representative on Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) Building Code Committee (BCC))
- Licensed Master Builder
- Licensed Waterproofing Contractor.
Call us today on 0408911210 and talk about it with:
Robert Speirs-Ferrari one of our senior consultants.