Client Satisfaction –
We go to all lengths to satisfy our clients’ needs with building, construction and waterproofing issues.
“Striving For Excellence” since 1976 designing and constructing buildings.
“Adding Life To Buildings” continuously since 1987 .
As specialists consulting chartered and accredited forensic building waterproofing construction consultants, handling waterproofing issues is well known to be No 1 building defects for property owners, strata managers and complaints assisting Property Owners and Lawyers at Fair Trading & NCAT.
Basically – We provide advice for ‘required’ construction, remedial waterproofing and building works.
Advise when these works are and or not satisfactory performed according to Australian Standards codes, NCC BCA 2019 Building Codes, and industry practice.
Our clients –
- Home and strata unit owners’
- Strata committee members’
- Strata managers, legal and insurance professionals’
- Business owners of commercial buildings, shopping centres and nursing homes, and
- Local and state government schools, hospitals, heritage buildings including churches.
Assisting clients of building designers and construction builders –
- To meet clients’ needs most often with waterproofing specifications ,and
- Inspections during the construction works.
- Who ever you are, if you own, rent, manage or construct buildings, you will receive 1st class comprehensive professional building investigation services.
- As our senior chartered and accredited building and construction experts each have more then 30 years experience.
Building Diagnosis Centre overview of investigations –
Building and construction investigations include assessing all types of building faults, defects, dilapidation, contract issues and unacceptable poor / unsuitable materials suffering the effects of:
- Water penetration through walls, roofs, floors, building components eg; concrete and waterproofing membranes
- Concrete spalling (cracking and corrosion of floor and roof slabs)
- Building damage due to faulty work or non-compliant work
- Building disputes with waterproofing membranes to balcony floors, internal showers and concrete roof slabs
- Unsafe construction where work has not been provided according to council approved plans and specifications
- Coastal deterioration damage initially by faulty construction work
- Coastal salt ingress conditions causing corrosion of embedded steel reinforcement within concrete
Experience with all diversified properties –
Strata units and common property
Industrial factory buildings
Heritage properties and
The way we operate our core diagnostic consulting business –
- Our purpose is to ensure the completed or repaired building is compliance, free of defects and faults, damage and deterioration, so our clients can do what they do best knowing their building is in expert hands.
- Firstly we are professional experts in assessing building design, specifying and managing remedial building works, engineering works, which always includes extensive waterproofing issues.
- Our core business is working for our clients every single day, evaluating client’s needs and provide expert advice and opinion on what needs to be done and how.
- Advising on cause-and-effect together with recommendations presented in a comprehensive technical report on completion of our on-site investigations.
- We provide advice and solutions for our clients during visual building inspections and during physical investigations into existing buildings. Includes during new construction, assessing building issues, faults, defects and premature deterioration of the built environment.
- The preparation of technical detailed reports, list detects, faults, damage, deterioration, and work not in accordance with approved plans and specifications. We manage new building work and the rectifications of existing buildings.
Our building & construction experts –
The expert service is either managed or provided by our director, head senior consultant Robert Speirs-Ferrari.
- Robert has 43 years ‘hands-on’ experience constructing, designing, consulting and as expert witness.
- He is highly qualified and to post-graduate Master degree level from University Technology Sydney.
- Robert keeps his hands involved in constructing and repair homes for his family and relatives.
- Is a fellow and chartered member with the leading Australian building and design associations in the capacity as:
- FAIB (Chartered)
- MMBA (Accredited)
- BDAA (Member and as a past representative on Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) Building Code Committee (BCC))
- Licensed Master Builder
- Licensed Waterproofing Contractor.